• over 150,000 pages;
• over 2,500 audio files;
• British and American English native speakers from Oxford, London, Scotland, New York, California, Massachusetts, and Canada.
• use it on your laptop, tablet or smartphone - anytime, anywhere;
• listen to audio and practice pronunciation;
• check out the online tests.
Practical English: Air Travel
Do you have any flights to Sydney next Tuesday afternoon?
||Northwind Airways, good morning. May I help you?|
||Yes, do you have any flights to Sydney next Tuesday afternoon?|
||One moment, please... Yes. There´s a flight at 16:45 and one at 18:00.|
||That´s fine. Could you tell me how much a return flight costs? I´ll be staying three weeks.|
||Economy, business class or first class ticket? [...]|
Narration: Part Three
The term depreciation applies only to tangible long-term assets, other than land and natural resources.|
Land is not depreciable, because it does not have a limited useful life.
The allocation of the cost of natural resources, such as oil, gas, and timber, to the periods they benefit is referred to as depletion. Natural resources are said to be depleted, not depreciated. Depletion expenses are recorded into [...]
WORD OF THE DAY:
Dictionary entry overview:
• ABDOMINAL ACTINOMYCOSIS (noun)
The noun ABDOMINAL ACTINOMYCOSIS has 1 sense:
1. a serious form of actinomycosis that affects the abdomen
Familiarity: ABDOMINAL ACTINOMYCOSIS used as a noun is very rare.